West Point Criminal Defense Attorney
Are you a West Point student who is getting accused of a criminal offense? You need a West Point Criminal Defense Attorney who has experience in both criminal defense and military law. Attorney Troy A. Smith has over 21 years of experience as a JAG criminal defense attorney and a New York homicide prosecutor. One military judge nicknamed Troy the “acquittal king.” Troy is the West Point Criminal Defense Attorney who will protect your rights and defend your honor.
Common Criminal Charges
Troy is an experienced criminal defense attorney with an impressive resume. He has successfully fought many allegations, including:
- Homicide: This is one of the most serious charges a person can face. It is crucial that you hire an attorney with previous murder case experience.
- Robbery: New York classifies robbery as a felony, which means the penalties are harsh. You could spend the next 25 years of your life in prison without the help of a skilled West Point Criminal Defense Attorney. You can be tried by the civilian court, military court or both.
- Sex Crimes: Sex offenses carry long prison sentences and can permanently ruin your reputation. Try to get a job with a rape charge and dishonorable discharge on your record. Even your neighbors will discriminate against you if you are forced to register as a sex offender. Troy is skilled at sex crime defense.
- DUI: DUIs are one of the most common crimes. West Point Criminal Defense Attorney Troy A. Smith has helped many clients fight DUI charges.
- Drug Crimes: The penalties you face depend on the drug you get caught with, the amount of drugs found and the circumstances of the arrest. Traffic stops, searches and the seizure of evidence have to follow specific laws, or the evidence will not be admissible in court. If your fourth amendment rights got violated, Troy would find out.
When military personnel gets accused of a criminal offense, a Courts-Martial may be used to prosecute the accused. You need a West Point Criminal Defense Attorney who has experience in Courts-Martial defense. Troy has worked on hundreds of these type cases, including those charged with severe crimes. He has the skill and expertise to help you.
Defending Those Who Serve
West Point Criminal Defense Attorney Troy A. Smith is committed to protecting those who serve our country. If you attend West Point and are facing criminal charges, call Troy for a free consultation at 914-358-1433.
West Point Criminal Defense Attorney – Drugs
Getting arrested for a drug charge can be devastating, but getting arrested for a drug charge while you’re a student at West Point can be even worse, for the penalties are so much greater. For that reason, if you’ve been arrested on a drugs-related charge, you need to contact Troy Smith, Esq., the premier West Point drug defense attorney in New York. As both a former active duty military member, and a former military tribunal judge, Troy Smith, Esq., has the unique experience necessary to provide top-notch West Point drug defense to students of the prestigious military academy.
Why do you need an attorney to provide you with aggressive West Point drug defense?
If you have been suspected of or found with, any illegal drugs, you will need to hire Troy Smith, Esq., the best West Point drug defense attorney, immediately if you wish to save your military career and, potentially, your freedom.
West Point Military Academy, like all United States military academies, has a strict no tolerance policy when it comes to illegal drugs. All potential cadets who are accepted into the military academy will be tested for drugs within 72 hours of admission – if the cadet tests positive for any illegal substance, s/he will be immediately separated. There is also a school-wide code of honor that requires all students to report any suspicion of illegal drug activity to their superiors – and any student that is caught with illegal drugs will face a USMA board that could result in their separation from the academy. Also, these cadets are also subject to criminal prosecution by the state.
With these kinds of strict penalties, it’s no wonder that both parents of cadets and cadets themselves call Troy Smith, Esq., any time they need aggressive West Point drug defense. Mr. Smith has several years of experience in defending members of the military, no matter their rank, against a court martial. He understands the unique challenges that both cadets – and active duty military – face from military tribunals, and as a former serviceman, he is pleased to assist his fellow military brothers and sisters in getting the justice they deserve.
For more information about how Troy Smith, Esq., can help you with your West Point drug defense, contact us today for your free, no obligation consultation.